How to navigate the buying and selling process when a home has an on-site sewer system or septic.
1. Have it inspected BEFORE you buy and DURING the option period
2. Have your agent write into the contract that the owner pays to pump the septic and buyer pays for the inspection
3. Upon ownership, hire an ongoing maintenance company. Keep records during ownership.
1. Keep records and present to potential buyers
2. Know when you pumped it last, what type of maintenance system is in place and provide to potential buyers
3. Know approximate price to pump the tank before you accept any contract.
Contact me for further help! Nicole Cooper with NBC Realty